Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
0.0 0

Interesting. From the podcasts I’ve listened to who’ve played the game, the animations are the top complaint. They tend to like the story, not as good as the original trilogy, but not terrible either.

I mean, the animations are an ever-present issue, but are dwarfed by a myriad of other problems.

VideoGameDunkey generally takes a comedic side to his rants, but his video on Andromeda brings to light a lot of problems most “rational” people are having with the game.

Hrmm…you should listen to better podcasts. I kid, I kid. It’s obviously all subjective, but I’m not sure how anyone can defend the writing in that game. If you watch the QL, there are at least half dozen times where your dialog choice is “We got this”, or some slight variation there of, and that’s only about 30 minutes of gameplay.

I still plan to buy it after Horizon, so I don’t plan on watching any spoiler-filled videos. It’s still my favorite series, so I’m willing to give it a shot.

Yeah, if you like the series, there is nothing wrong with giving it a shot. I’m still hoping to get back to it after Zelda, but to Jeff’s point, you just have to take it with all of it’s “quirks” and not expect that any amount of patches will be able to right all of their wrongs.

AKA buy it when it’s like $20-$30 or bundled with DLC.

Good point, that won’t take very long at all

Suggesting to do that with a Mass Effect game?

So I just watched that video Jeff posted… and although some of the concerns are legit, others are him just griping just to gripe and add on time to the video. The animations upon going from galaxy to galaxy… or landing on a planet… those have been there before. Strike teams… pods… those are easily explained in the game. The fact that he’s walking into a Mass Effect video game and expects it to be JUST a shooter means he’s not doing it the way the Mass Effect games always have been. The female Krogan… sounds like that because it’s a female.

Now, he does have valid points and some of the other things. The combat has definitely been dumbed down. I was very surprised in the beginning when I could only have 3 abilities.

Gone is the Paragon/Renegade system and instead you get this system that kinda really means… nothing.

Some of the animations and glitches are VERY present. I was standing in the Nexus (Think Citadel) and all of a sudden, 6 people just appeared in front of me and then 2 walked through a barrier and off of the Nexus. I assume they are dead.

The story isn’t actually terrible. The writing can be… ehhh. But I came in with low expectations so it helps. It’s mostly a mediocre game, but it’s definitely not Alien: Colonial Marines. So far, I’ve enjoyed playing it. I think people just remember the arch overall of the 3 ME’s so trying to throw this one in is now a hard thing to do. Had this game come out AFTER Mass Effect 1… might be a different story.

Give it a chance, but not at $60… as said by someone who paid $60 for it.

[quote=“SynnDiesel, post:131, topic:127”]
The animations upon going from galaxy to galaxy…[/quote]

How many planets have you scaned? Literally ~20 seconds of a flying animation to scan for something, sometimes absolutely nothing. Every single planet, every single system. It’s literally the elevators from ME1 all over again, only it’s far more abundant and isn’t even masking the game loading assets.

The female Krogan… sounds like that because it’s a female.[/quote]

This is what a Krogan female should sound like. The ones in Andromeda sound like a man putting on a stereotypical feminine/gay voice.

But I came in with low expectations so it helps.[/quote]

That’s a problem that should have never been considered going into a new Mass Effect game.

I mean, I’ve flown from planet to planet to scan, but it really hasn’t bothered me too much. Maybe because I just pick up my phone and browse reddit or Instagram or whatever.

Maybe the female isn’t totally up to par, but Drack is fine and he’s with me all the time.

I get the thing about the expectations because I wanted it to be better, but at the same time… we knew it wasn’t the same people behind it.

My point is, it’s really not as bad as people have been overreacting about on Reddit and the rest of the internet.

It may not be a bad game, but I find it to be a pretty bad Mass Effect game.

[quote=“SynnDiesel, post:133, topic:127”]
Maybe because I just pick up my phone and browse reddit or Instagram or whatever.[/quote]

How do you not find something like that in a $60 AAA game bothersome?

Neither was KotOR 2, but it’s widely regarded as being just as good, if not better, than it’s predecessor.

People on the internet finding something negative and then overreacting about it?!?!?! What!?!?!?!

That’s just how servers are fueled these days.

Hi everyone,

It’s been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we’re thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it’s really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
Increasing the inventory limits
Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
Improving localized voice over lip sync
Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams

These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here’s to a great journey,

Also good news!

So I’ve played a LOT more in the past week and barely got into the third planet. There is a LOT to do and the planets have a lot of wasted space… and the more I think about this game, the more I remember that the game I played exactly before this one was Final Fantasy XV. So… both of these games have a lot of “loading” time and wide open spaces with nothing in it. The more I get into the game, the more I realize there are a loooooooooooooot of screens to get from one place to the other.

There was a pretty cool “boss” fight I was in last night from the first planet.

But the glitches are glaaaaaaaaaaaaaring at times. It’s hilarious and I wish it didn’t exist.

And yes… SAM talks a little too much at times. Holy shit.

I will play this after the patches. And Horizon. But mostly after Horizon.