Mass Effect: Andromeda

0.0 0

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

First Released

March 21, 2017

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Developers

BioWare Montreal, BioWare, BioWare Austin

Genres

Role-Playing, Action-Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

So… this is a rumor, but it was leaked in a very convincing way so it seems likely that this is the story for the next Mass Effect game. Read at your own risk:

The next Mass Effect game takes place in the Helius Cluster (a cluster of 100s of solar systems in the Andromeda Galaxy), far removed by time and space from Commander Shepard’s heroic acts and the final events of the Mass Effect trilogy. You are a pathfinder, a combat trained but un-tested explorer leading an expedition into the Helius cluster to establish a new home for humanity. As you explore this sprawling series of solar systems (over 4x the size of Mass Effect 3), collecting resources and building colonies, you will encounter the savagery of untamed lands in the form of cut-throat outlaws and warring alien races. To survive and colonize the wild reaches of space, you will need to grow your arsenal, your ship, your crew and make strategic (and often uneasy) alliances to fight against increasingly menacing foes. Along the way, you will encounter the remains of a once powerful and mysterious alien race, the Remnant, whose forgotten technology holds the key to gaining power in this region of the galaxy. As you uncover who the Remnant were, and the mysteries their ruins contain, you are drawn into a violent race to find the source of their forgotten technology that will determine the fate of humanity.

I guess that is one way to separate Shepard’s story from the new game. And also guarantees you will never run into any of his squadmates or suffer any effects depending on which ending you achieved (red, green or blue). I’m kinda disappointed, because some of the worlds were fun to visit, especially the Citadel, but I guess exploring all new worlds and all new races is cool too.

Loved the original trilogy and I’m really excited about a brand new next-gen ME game!!

So Protheans 2.0 and putting the fate of the galaxy in our hands again.

http://replygif.net/i/1054.gif

Plus if that base stuff ends up like DA:I…sigh.

All this grindy, base building, fetch quest stuff isn’t why I like Mass Effect. I mean I ain’t gonna dismiss the game completely based on a survey, it just doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence if the game is taking inspiration from Assassin’s Creed and Destiny.

My thoughts exactly.

A trailer accompanying the announcement concealed the featured character’s race, making it uncertain whether it’ll be a human-centric story or not. However, a new BioWare blog post reveals that the mysterious character featured in the announcement trailer isn’t the game’s main protagonist and confirms that players will be be able to play as both human male and female characters.

According to the developer blog, Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy and offers “exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action.”

“You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw,” the post reads. “And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.”

In other words

“We don’t know how to sum up what happens in the convoluted endings of the previous trilogy, so here’s a bunch of new stuff.”

I think the game should just ship in 3 different colors and your gameplay will vary based on which box you bought: red, green or blue.

It seems like BioWare’s plans for the Mass Effect franchise extend far beyond the new game. The timing of the theme park attraction and game match up, though, so maybe this is a smart cross-promotional decision:

Wrong 6 Flags.

Should have been at Magic Mountain. :frowning:

WRONG!

https://www.valleyfair.com/images/uploads/file/Banner-Horizontal_Valleyfair.jpg

Well that was a whole lot of nothing.

I really hope this is good…I absolutely loved playing the original trilogy.

From what a remember reading, a lot of the original team has left, sooo…

A recent survey points to us being viewed as the threat.

This actually sounds cool.

https://vid.me/p41b

I want this game to shoot straight out of PSVR lenses directly into my eye sockets.