LEGO

LEGO
0.0 0

Any suggestions for adult lego sets? My birthday is coming up and my wife got the idea to get me a lego set, but I’m not sure what direction to point her in. I’m not a huge star wars guy, so that rules a good number of them out, and I also don’t want to spend over $100 on one, so that rules even more out.

I was thinking maybe

Has anybody put that one together before?

"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread

Technic and Mindstorms seem more ‘adult’ to me, but also more $$$.

The NASA Apollo Saturn V. One of my favorite sets. It’s only a smidge above your price range, but you won’t regret it. I also recommend checking out the LEGO Architecture line.

Here are some other solid choices:

21307: Caterham Seven 620R
21108: Ghostbusters Ecto-1
21109: Exo Suit
21301: Birds
40174: LEGO Chess
42053: Volvo EW160E
42057: Ultralight Helicopter

I need to start a Kickstarter to get that. Or GoFundMe. Or Patreon. Or all 3.

So I told my wife to get that, based off your recommendation and the reading I did online on how it’s considered one of the best sets ever made, but I’m starting to doubt my decision. I wish I was more interested in NASA, but it really does nothing for me. I’m thinking I might need to find a property I like first (like you guys have Star Wars) and then maybe find a LEGO set I like around that?

I’m through bag 1 of 12 on the Apollo Saturn. Really digging it so far, but wondering if there is any reason to keep the bags around? Is it feasible to disassemble and reassemble this thing, and if so, would it just be better with some resealable bags?

I use gallon ziploc bags for disassembly and don’t really worry about keeping everything separated like they are when you first open the box.

Isn’t it hard to find the pieces you are looking for when they are all thrown together, or are there generally enough repeats where it isn’t an issue?

That’s part of the fun! I’ll have to snap some pictures of my bin for you.

I did have plans to organize some of the smaller pieces, but never got around to it.

I want to see these bins! I just picked up another 1500 random pieces to play with and I need some clues on how I should organize them.

Of course the set is $20 off after my wife buys it, but just in case anybody else wanted it… @MrBimble?

Hmmmm…

And then you can build me one of these:

A sneezy car?

If anybody needed any Christmas ideas for me…

And I figured there was enough LEGO talk that it warranted it’s own topic. I know I didn’t include everything, but just the most recent conversations.