LEGO™ Dimensions

LEGO™ Dimensions
0.0 0

Anyone played the LEGO Hobbit game? It’s on sale for $6 and, while I don’t really need yet another game I won’t get around to playing, it’s tempting.

No, but I’m assuming you have played some of these LEGO games, no? If so, you know exactly what to expect.

I know gameplay-wise, of course. I’m wondering whether the actual story and how it fits with the film and books is good, ya jackass.

Rewfus’ comment still applies. They’ll hit the highlights of the story (trolls, barrels, five armies) and fill in the rest with typical LEGO game play. There may (LEGO Jurrasic World) or may not (LEGO Star Wars III) be dialog.

I guess I should’ve just worded it as “is it any good?”, because that’s what I’m really just trying to ask. I know what to expect. I know what the games do, in terms of the franchise they’re adapting. Understanding that, not every LEGO is ‘good’ and ultimately that’s what I was trying to ask… in a very stupid, unclear way.

I was just giving you a hard time. :smile:

I can’t speak to this one. I know my kids have played it at their nephews house, but I don’t think you want a 5 year olds review of the game.

That. Looks. Amazing.

Copy/paste from E3 thread, cuz… I don’t know if I can hold off not buying this game now.

It might be time to begin this wallet killer game. They are really tugging at my 80s nostalgia heart-strings.

Not shown in the trailer… Beetlejuice. How do you NOT show Beetlejuice in that trailer???

Wow, talk about coming out swinging after the Infinity news.

All-new Battle Arenas will offer first-to-LEGO videogames competitive split-screen local gameplay for up to four players. LEGO minifigures included in the wave 6 through 9 expansion packs will come with special, golden Toy Tags which unlock a Battle Arena within the Free Play Adventure World of the corresponding entertainment brand. Each Battle Arena has four different gameplay modes and comes with its own traps, special powers and interactive environments that make every battle arena unique.

The Ghostbusters Story Pack, based on the upcoming film, will provide a complete movie-based gameplay experience with six puzzle-packed levels and new LEGO Gateway bricks that allow players to build Zhu’s Chinese Restaurant atop the LEGO Toy Pad. It will also come with a buildable Abby Yates LEGO minifigure with Proton Blaster and 3-in-1 buildable Ecto-1 which can be rebuilt into the Ectozer and The PerfEcto. The pack unlocks “Rip,” a new Toy Pad mode allowing players to tear open an alternate universe. In this mirror world, players have the ability to solve puzzles and affect objects and other items in the primary universe. And like all gold-tag minifigures purchased, Abby Yates provides access to a new themed Adventure World with its own unique Battle Arena. The Ghostbusters Story Pack is just the first of this new exciting pack type, with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, based on the highly anticipated theatrical release, still to come later this year. The LEGO DIMENSIONS packs will be the exclusive construction toy offering this holiday for the exciting expansion of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World.

Story Packs also expand the Starter Pack story with deeper gameplay. In the game’s storyline, the evil Lord Vortech has hidden portions of his powers around the LEGO Multiverse. As players progress through Story Pack levels, they can unearth and tap into Keystone Runes to use Lord Vortech’s powers against him through all-new Toy Pad modes.

Oh boy. What did I do?

I’ll tell you what I did. I had Best Buy price match Amazon.com and now LEGO is going to pick at my wallet like voracious vultures as I buy pack after pack after pack of extras.

No, seriously. What did I just do?

It’s on its way.

Thanks for the tweet, Smurf. You helped us realize that we accidentally rolled back some code where we weren’t including the actual XP summary. Fixed now.

Before:

After:

http://lifebar.io/1/u.php?i=x9699-7838

Feel free to keep tweeting your XP on the interwebz!

I’d say I’m off to a good start:

I’d reckon that I’m about halfway through the main game at this point. So far, this is the best LEGO game I’ve ever played (which includes Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman). The overlapping characters and worlds has led to some funny dialogue and situations. One of my favorite lines happens early on in the story when Batman ends up in Oz. But the Simpsons and the entire Portal level are hilarious as GLADOS has her typical snarky comments throughout and Homer is Homer. One level I wasn’t sure about, the Midway level, was actually really fun to play. Having Wonder Woman and Stay Puft inside Gauntlet was awesome. And having never watched any of the new Dr. Who, I thought I’d be lost when playing that level, but that has also been one of the main highlights. Also, I love that Wyldstyle is animated differently than the rest of the characters. She has less FPS in her motions like the entire LEGO Movie was animated, very jumpy and erratic.

Now… if only they could get a few of these in the game next year:

So much street cred ruined by one simple Naboo Fighter

There are 5 prequel sets up there. Do you just hate the Naboo fighter or anything prequel?

I’ll have you know that the only Star Wars toy/model vehicle I own is a Naboo Fighter. Say all you want about the quality of the movies or the acting, but the designs of the prequels are amazing.

Just brings up bad memories of Anakin accidentally destroying the droid ship.

@Threctory

Agree on the designs.

#“OOPS!”

Grrrrrrr…

I have good news and I have bad news. The good news… Supergirl is coming to LEGO Dimensions as a PS4 exclusive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/16/supergirl-lands-in-lego-dimensions-on-ps4/

Not only will that mean you can get a collectable Supergirl LEGO minifigure, you’ll also be able to play as Kara Zor-El, with all of the incredible powers that you would associate with her — like flight, superhuman strength, x-ray powers, and beam attacks. But that’s not all. What we’re most excited about is her ability to use her Red Lantern ring and transform. While in her Red Lantern form, she can fire red energy bolts and beams from her ring, and use Lantern Constructs — an ability unique to her.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8058/28974192726_0c5aaa2a0e_z.jpg

The bad news… she’s only available in STARTER PACKS! So… if you haven’t bought the game yet, wait and you can get her. If you have the game already… tough!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81GVHTvvv2L.SL1500.jpg

UPDATE:
Just have to wait until March. That should be easy.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp--rHtUAAE8_6c.jpg