Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
0.0 0

Also, it’s coming this year still. If it’s as good as Daredevil (even if not the same tone), I can’t wait for this show.

I’ve never heard of Jessica Jones. Can someone give me the quick elevator pitch?

I’m a long-time comic book fan and I have no idea who she is. I’ve heard of her… but that’s about it.

I am not familiar with this character, either, but Wikipedia tells me this:

Jones first appeared in Alias #1 (November 2001) as a former superheroine who became the owner and sole employee of Alias Private Investigations. She has since starred in two ongoing series (Alias and The Pulse), and became a member of the New Avengers alongside her husband Luke Cage during Marvel Comics’ Heroic Age. At various points in her history, Jones has used the aliases Jewel, Knightress and Power Woman.

She doesn’t come off as a particularly exciting character in the Marvel canon, but I’m excited to check out where they go with this series.

New trailer:

While a full review is coming down the line, I will say Jessica Jones starts out with a strong premiere episode that firmly marks the series as the most mature Marvel Cinematic Universe project to date. Yes, Daredevil took the MCU into much darker, more violent places, but Jessica Jones not only matches that, it goes further.

I’m excited about this approach, as I’ve always been more intrigued by darker comic book universes. Hopefully this lives up to the hype. I guess I wasn’t even paying attention that Krysten Ritter was Jessica Jones, very interesting casting, no?

Anything to keep my mind off Fallout until I get home…

Krysten Ritter:

Just a reminder that this drops tomorrow.

And interrupt Battlefront time?!?! How dare they!!!

I bet you can multi-task.

Jessica Jones? More like Jessica Bones…ners, amirite?

So @DarthSmurfX, where is your review of the series?

I watched the first ep, and I can already tell I am going to hate the main villain. I put mind control up there with shape shifting, it’s just too powerful of an ability to be intriguing to me. There are too many possibilities for what can happen it’s frustrating for some stupid reason.

We have 3 episodes to go, so I can’t give a full review yet. I will say this though, it’s lighter on action than Daredevil, more psychological instead and because it is more focused on drama with a female protagonist, I actually got my wife to watch it and she’s hooked. I prefer Daredevil, but this show you can watch with a significant other.

And the mind control stuff is freaky in the hands of a villain like this. He’s done some crazy stuff. The final 3 episodes are going to be cray cray.

Ended up starting and finishing the season over the weekend; damn you Netflix…

I enjoyed it, though I think I like Daredevil better. I need to dwell on it. David Tennant is excellent.