Indie Pile: The Thread

Indie Pile: The Thread
0.0 0

This looks like it would be a perfect fit for iOS or Android.

Mushroom 11

Mushroom 11 is puzzle platformer set in a post-apocalyptic world where the player must guide an amorphic blob through treacherous obstacles.

First Released

October 15, 2015

Platforms

Mac, PC, iPad, Android, Linux

Developers

Untame

Genres

Puzzle, Platformer

Find out more at Giant Bomb

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

A single or 2 to 4Plo-player co-op micro-platformer where the players must control a pink spaceship by interacting with systems inside of the ship.

First Released

September 9, 2015

Platforms

Mac, PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux, Nintendo Switch

Developers

Asteroid Base

Genres

N/A

Leo's Fortune

Leo's Fortune is a physics-based puzzle-platformer developed originally for mobile platforms and later ported to PC and PlayStation 4.

First Released

April 23, 2014

Platforms

Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Apple TV, Fuze Tomahawk F1

Developers

Senri, 1337 Game Design

Genres

Adventure, Puzzle, Platformer

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/02/leos-fortune-a-handcrafted-platformer-jumps-on-ps4-september-8th/

Looks pretty cool.

When you play Leo’s Fortune or check out our trailer, we hope you’ll notice the quality and effort we put into the graphics and environments. Most platform games are designed using a set of repeating texture tiles. We chose not to make our lives any easier and did not use a tile system. Instead, each level in Leo’s Fortune is one enormous unique panoramic image, created from scratch. We even developed our own game engine from scratch. This is why we often refer to the game as “handcrafted.” We could’ve made this game more easily using off-the-shelf tools, but we don’t think the result would have been the same.

That looks good. Has some pretty good reviews on the iOS app store too.

Beyond Eyes

A game about a blind 10 year-old girl who is looking for her pet cat. Developed by Tiger & Squid and published by Team 17.

First Released

August 4, 2015

Platforms

Mac, PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux

Developers

tiger & squid, Team17 Software Limited

Genres

Adventure

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/07/beyond-eyes-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/

Okay, this game looks quite unique with the watercolor style. It reminds me of The Unfinished Swan, a bit as well, and that’s a good thing.

Yeah, I watched the quick look of that, and while the concept is intriguing, they really didn’t seem to pull it off. There just doesn’t seem much to do in the world other than walk at crawling speed looking for a cat, and I’m not sure about you, but I think that would wear off it’s welcome way too quickly.

But then again, you did like another walk/crawling simulator earlier this year, so maybe this is right up your alley, Smurf. That was not a knock btw, more of admiration to not have to play heavy action games all the time <looks in mirror in shame>.

Manifold Garden

Manifold Garden (formerly known as Relativity) is an exploration game in an Escher-esque world.

First Released

December 31, 2017

Platforms

Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Linux

Developers

William Chyr Studio

Genres

N/A

Name changed to “Manifold Garden,” but still looks cool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/16/cultivate-an-infinite-world-in-manifold-garden/

This looks pretty cool.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KOgO2SVzEDM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/18/push-me-pull-you-comes-writhing-onto-ps4-next-year/

Push Me Pull You is a lovely and horrible two-on-two sports game that’s all about cooperation, because you are literally joined to your partner. Players need to work together to keep control of the ball, pulling it along or wrapping it up tight with their long stretchy torso.

A game of Push Me Pull You consists of a big frantic mess of growing, shrinking, and stretching bodies, driven by our fluid, physics-based movement system. Since you can’t just pick up the ball with the press of a button, you’ll need to use your shared body to scoop it up and carry it, or wrap around it to protect it, or push it away so that your opponent can’t reach it, and so on. These freeform tactics evolve through consecutive games as players invent their own strategies and counter-strategies, resulting in an expressive system of play and a deceptively high skill ceiling.

Didn’t see it at Giant Bomb, so I hope I’m doing this correctly.

I have this for PC, but since I only have the first DELL laptop created to play it on, never got a chance to give it a shot. I think they tweaked the madness accrual or have a lower difficulty setting now, so it might be playable for us casuals.

Darkest Dungeon

A dungeon crawler that seeks to weigh the psychological effects of delving into hellish monster abodes, not just the damage to HP. Team chemistry means more than just skill synergy.

First Released

January 19, 2016

Platforms

Mac, PC, PlayStation Network (Vita), PlayStation 4, Linux, Nintendo Switch

Developers

Red Hook Studios

Genres

Role-Playing

Is that Push Me Pull You video SFW or NSFW? I’m hesitating actually clicking the Play button…

Yes.

This probably deserves its own thread, but…

YYYYEEEEESSSSS.

Fucking WHAAAAT?!

Wow, that definitely deserves it’s own topic. I’ll create one once GB approves my submission of the game to their wiki. I won’t lie, I missed out on this game when it was released but picked it up a couple years ago and could see why so many people hold it in such high regard. The characters and writing are top notch. I’m going to have to go back and finish it before this is funded.

Once there is more info I will give this it’s own topic, but for now I’ll just leave this here:

Johnnemann Nordhagen helped co-found The Fullbright Company and was the sole programmer on indie darling, Gone Home. He’s since left the company to form his own studio called Dimbulb Games. During the The Game Awards, he debuted the trailer for his first venture, a game called Where the Water Tastes Like Wine.

The game focuses on surviving the aggressive expansion of manifest destiny, but also puts an emphasis on telling and sharing stories. In it, you travel all over the United States through a century of history, uncovering a slew of different people’s tales. Dimbulb Games was inspired by many different famous works, from Jack Kerouac’s On The Road to Mark Twain’s The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I have never played a Fat Princess game, even though everyone I have seen so far I have planned to purchase, just never got around to doing so. Have any of you played them? I know this is a completely different game type then most, just wondering what your experiences have been.

I played the first on on the PS3 and thought it was a waste of time and money. The game was unbalanced and generally not fun. I had no idea they were still making these games.