"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread

"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread
0.0 0

How many people from MN do we have here now, me, you and Cod? @ChristopheLeFou if I mention him? So yeah, maybe four votes grey duck, the rest goose, no?

FYI, next time you can do [poll public=true] so we can see who voted for what.

Probably, but we met some neighbors at our national night out that grew up in the iron range and they said goose. Which is obviously wrong.

Do not Google/Bing this before answering:

• Berenstein Bears
  • Berenstain Bears

0 voters

I only know the right answer because I recently saw a Reddit TIL thread about it.

I knew the real answer as of 2 hours ago and still voted for the way I thought it was for the last 35+ years.

I only know the right answer because I was part of a Slack gamer channel where they had a Q&A with a voice actor, who also happened to be the voice of Papa bear in the cartoon. When he corrected the spelling, everyone’s minds were blown.

I was listening to a podcast today, where they were discussing this and all 4 members of the podcast were wrong. I had to look it up.

Apparently, it’s a phenomena called the Mandela effect where large groups of people have shared false memories. Either that or some of us are from an alternate universe where Marty McFly was played by Eric Stoltz. @MrBimble, who was the star of Back to the Future?

The Rock, obviously. The dude’s in everything.

I didn’t know what the right answer was. I’ve always said BerenSTAIN so that’s how I voted.

Password Strength

An oldie, but a goodie.

Yeah, just came up recently when I was trying to help a customer reset their password. They swore that they tried every convoluted password they could think of, but it wasn’t accepting any of them, then I finally sent this message:

The common word library is very large, and the password must be at least twice the length of that common word if it is contained within. For example, Password783! wouldn’t work, but Password78345612! would work since the bold part (not-common) is longer than the italicized part (common).

And of course, he responded with this:

Well, now I have a convoluted password I’ll never remember lol.

Password restrictions have gotten out of control.

And the guy who came up with it all, now regrets his advice.

Ahh yes, that is probably where the developer that shared that with me saw it to spur the recent interest. Thank you for raining on my originality.

Is something like LastPass still a good thing? I use their random generator, so pretty much all of my passwords are something like this: f4E4!tF1j8JNHTL

Yes

Read that article you posted after asking. My bad.

I love IT advice from Bill Burr, btw. :wink:

I was tasked with coming up with the password manager solution for our company. After trying them all out, I ended up picking Dashlane because I really liked their UI over LastPass, and you could turn off cloud sync if you super worried about security. LastPass is by far the most popular, and has a couple features Dashlane doesn’t, but everyone at my company is pretty happy with Dashlane so far.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Private Talk