"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread

"I'm Lazy, Someone Else Make One": The SPAM Sushi Thread
0.0 0

With the launch of Ryzen 5, I think I’m about ready to drop $650 on new computer parts…

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3sP8vV

I haven’t read anything on it yet, but can Ryzen compete with an i7 as far as gaming goes? What graphics card are you running?

I’m running a shit ass FX-6350, so anything is a huge jump for me. The R5 seems to be the best value for money in a mid-high tier machine.

As for comparing it with the i7, check out these videos from Tech Deals. He does a really great job of breaking everything down.

Has anyone checked out Battlegrounds yet?

I’m intrigued. But no PC play for this guy.

I watched the QL and a twitch stream or two, and even installed a Windows dual boot on my Mac with the intention of trying it out until I realized it cost $30. I’ll wait for a sale or free weekend or something.

I’m in the same boat, it looks good, but I doubt my PC would run it well enough.

I doubt my Mac would run this and I doubt I would even try.

Sooooo… is this just another DayZ knockoff?

I think this is more of a spin-off that basically condenses what you’re essentially doing in DayZ.

There is a long back story that I don’t completely follow, but apparently it’s from the guy that originally made this style of mod for DayZ, H1Z1, etc… That’s one of the reasons it’s getting so much buzz out of the gate.

Development
Lead designer Brendan Greene, better known as PlayerUnknown, had previously created the ARMA 2 mod DayZ: Battle Royale, an offshoot of popular mod DayZ, before moving the mod over to ARMA 3 and eventually H1Z1: King of the Kill, where he acted as a consultant.[4] He then began working with the development studio Bluehole, Inc. on a standalone version of the game mode, which would become PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.[5] With the game, the developers aimed to find a middle ground between the realistic simulation of ARMA 3 and the arcade-like action focus of King of the Kill.[3]

Well, I watched my buddy survive all the way to the end for the first time last night. I must be a good luck charm.

Also, dunno if it’s been mentioned or shown, but the way the game funnels players closer together as the match goes on is to make the map slowly close in and deal damage to anyone outside the border.

Out-of-bounds damage works but I would have preferred bomb collars.

Today’s lunch consisted of a small bag of cheez-its and a coke zero. This was not by design. This is what happens when you leave your lunch at home and have a staff “power planning” from 11-12

So I may have picked this up for myself the other day…

Ugh, i heard that it runs like crap on lower end PCs, or else I would be tempted to pull the trigger on my mac dual boot, but we all know a high-end mac = low-end PC when it comes to gaming. Why did I have to follow my career aspirations instead of my hobby aspirations?

My mid-high end PC runs it like shit; have to set it on low settings.

It’s still perfectly playable that way, but it looks ugly.