Halo: The Master Chief Collection

0.0 0

Chronicle the classic Xbox and Xbox 360 adventures of the Master Chief with a compilation of the first four main chronological installments of the Halo series, enhanced for the Xbox One with updated graphics and easy access to every multiplayer mode in the series' history.

First Released

November 11, 2014

Platforms

Xbox One

Developers

343 Industries, Certain Affinity, Saber Interactive, Ruffian Games, United Front Games, Bungie

Genres

Compilation, First-Person Shooter

Find out more at Giant Bomb

I’m guessing there aren’t many Master Chiefs on here yet, but none-the-less I thought I would pass this on for those of you who did get burned by this game’s rocky release. Your reward looks like it’s coming next month:

Whether this is reward enough for a dismal launch is another question all together. I know most got this game to play competitive MP, but I’m one of the few that got it to see those gorgeous Halo 2 cinematics, so I will happily take ODST on top of that.

Ouch. I guess the rocky release isn’t over quite yet. Which makes this part worse:

Both Relic and Halo 3: ODST will be made available free to players who purchased and played The Master Chief Collection between Nov. 11 and Dec. 19 last year. The free content is part of 343’s continued efforts to make good after the disastrous launch of The Master Chief Collection, which saw a near-complete failure of multiplayer matchmaking and various bugs and issues for weeks after its release.

Sorry, but if the game is still broken to the point where you have to cancel your own tournament, EVERYONE should get the DLC for free.

That’s a very valid argument. They enraged even more people by giving steep discounts on the game shortly after that Dec 19 deadline, when the game could still be considered broken. I’m not really sure how they could make good on this game anymore short of fixing it and adding some online features that would blow the socks off any Halo fan. What that would be? I have no clue.

ODST FREE for everyone that owns the game would be a smart move. Even though I don’t own an XBO, it makes me sad to see this being done to a franchise I once really enjoyed (bad online code, glitches/bugs galore, spitting on longtime fans, etc). Halos 1-3 and ODST were great. I fear what’s in store for Halo 5.

I’m assuming this game works now?