Extra Life

Extra Life
0.0 0

I’m sure many of you are familiar with Extra Life, but in case you are not, here is a quick introduction video:

Essentially it is just a 25 hour marathon (yes, 25 hours because it’s over DST) on or near Nov. 5th, where you stream yourself and/or your team playing games to raise money for a children’s hospital of your choosing.

I have never streamed myself playing a game, and I have no disillusions anybody would be interested in me doing so, but I think we (Lifebar) may try to participate in Extra Life this year. I still need to convince @katet over some details, but the reason I am mentioning this here is because I am wondering if any of you who do have even the slightest experience streaming have any tips, or are even interested in participating? We just need to stream 25 hours of content as a team, so we don’t even need to be in the same location, if we can seamlessly switch the stream over to wherever you are.

Anyways, let me know if you are interested, or if you have any suggestions, pointers, warnings, snarky comments, etc. We have to seriously start thinking about our pledge campaign if we are really going to do this, so if you have any pointers in that regard as well, they will be gladly accepted.

I’d be interested in helping out.

So you’re saying I could just stream 24 hours of WoW myself?

For the kids, yes.

This is going to be a really bad pun, but the tidbits/lifebar community just received an extra life. @katet and his wife just welcomed a healthy baby girl, Larkin at 8 pounds 5 oz in to this world!

That being said, and with the fact that I am expecting my first any day now, I am thinking we might be getting in over our heads trying to actually stream for Extra Life. I am now thinking we will instead just be featuring various Extra Life streams on Lifebar, so if you have any ideas for good features outside of just lists of videos, or if you know of some good personalities we should feature, drop us a line (I’m looking at you, Shane).

Congrats @katet!

I don’t know what this means. Our personalities or personalities outside of this website?

Oh c’mon, we don’t have any worthy personalities here (I kid, I kid), I was talking about anybody you think would have a mildly entertaining Extra Life stream that we could feature on Lifebar, weather that be here or anywhere. I figured you would be in the know of what the Kinda Funny guys are doing for it, etc.

I haven’t heard of anything Kinda Funny or Easy Allies are doing yet, but I’ll keep an ear out and let you know if they do.

Thanks @MrBimble!

Bless you @Rewfus

Congrats, kat!

Ha, I figured I didn’t even have to ask, and you would be relieved to hear my change of plans. The idealist in me was thinking it would be great to get away from a baby for 24 hours to play games, but the realistic in me realized how f’in crazy that idea actually was.