E3 2016

E3 2016
0.0 0

I’m not sick of them…

Nobody is weeping for Mighty No. 9.

It is “better than nothing” after all…

“The reality is they put everything into making this game,” Inafune said, as translated by Comcept’s Ben Judd, Vice reports. “They didn’t try to microtransaction it out, they didn’t try to DLC it out for extra money. They put it all in.”

“So, for now, this is what you see and what you get, for the Mighty No. 9 world. But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there’ll be sequels,” he added. “Because I’ll tell you what, I’m not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it’s not perfect, it’s better than nothing. At least, that’s my opinion.”

I would have preferred nothing.

But nothing also costs $0, Judd.

I just love the fact that the summary ended up being our one and only @Threctory. Well done!

I do my best.

Just a heads up, Steep is getting pretty torn apart by the press from what I’ve heard. It sounds like it’s just a bore.

That’s a shame. I want a new SSX then.

So… moving on from Brexit, we now have Sizegate. Or Sizeghazi or whatever term NeoGAF has moved onto this hour to describe MS’s deceitful marketing practices featured at this year’s E3.

Basically… they pulled a Burger King.

Previous entries of MS’s E3 shenanigans.

But… for those of you who are actually interested in buying the Xbox One S, here are the actual size comparisons, so you can begin making space on your entertainment shelf (blue outline is PS4).

It’s just not as small as MS made it seem.

Trying to figure out how to undelete my response, since you were SO quick to respond to my slow uptake on a Monday. So bottom line, it is about 40% smaller, but what they are showing in advertisements is 60% smaller? Got it.

Correct. The photo and the words do not match up.

Just look at the Burger King picture and don’t worry your little head about it.

These guys are super hilarious when things are bad, like EA’s press conference. But when they are watching something good, aka Sony’s conference, they come off as curmudgeonly, El Torino, fuddy-duddies just grasping at things to be bitter about.

I really try to like them, but most of the things I end up watching just make my eyes roll. They HATED that Sony only showed games with no fluff. They kept saying, “weird,” “I don’t get it,” “what did I just watch?” and so on. So, I was wondering what bad things they’d say about MS’s presser. But apparently they LOVED sitting through 3 console/accessory commercials, Xbox Live coming soon features and an overly long Minecraft demo.

To be fair, Sony’s was the very last conference, so some of their excitement may have waned by then. I don’t really remember them being all that negative about it either, just more like “Oh hey, games.” and they weren’t pretty fond of the FFXV and Scalebound demos during the Microsoft conference at all.

Also you seem to be hung up on the system reveals and ignoring that Microsoft had a pretty damn good conference. Sony didn’t actually have much but God of War, as a lot of stuff that was rumored to show up never made an appearance, and while the God of War demo was pretty awesome Microsoft had more news and reveals that I’m personally interested in.

And I don’t have to buy an XB1 to enjoy them.

MS wasn’t bad, at all, but it had a lot of low points for me. 3 commercials, Xbox Live features, reshowing the same Battlefield trailer as EA had, Minecraft, FFXV and Scalebound were all duds. I have no interest in Forza, but the trailer was cool. Halo Wars 2 was the highlight for me, but for much of the conference I was tuned out.

You heathen.