Destiny 2

Destiny 2
0.0 0

So, I have a gripe about Destiny 2… that isn’t really a gripe. It feels like I don’t have much to do in this game if I’m not raiding. I do the weekly stuff and then there’s nothing else. Am I doing something wrong? Was Destiny 1 like this? I don’t want to reroll another character just to stay entertained but right now Destiny 2 seems like a supplemental game for something else I’m playing.

Nope, nothing unique with you. That’s exactly the feedback they are getting from the community, and that mixed with their XP gain clusterfuck, is the reason they canceled their stream and put out the above statement instead.

Destiny 2 is more respectful of your time. The first game required a ton more grinding and you had to play all the activities (Nightfalls, Crucible, Raid) if you wanted a chance at hitting the light level cap. It’s much easier to get to a point in Destiny 2 where you really have nothing to do that will advance your character. So, as Rewfus said, you’re not alone.

What they released yesterday makes it sound like they’re looking to add some more layers to the game so the people that want to keep playing will having something to do.

Okay, that makes sense. Usually by the weekend, I have nothing to do but check to see if Falcon Lady has something to give me… and then just wait til Tuesday.

Plus the new DLC drops next week, so you won’t have to wait long.

Y’all should just play Warframe.

I’ve heard the new content on Warframe is quite awesome.

I’ve been meaning to try it again, but I couldn’t stand the gameplay and rushing through bland environments just trying to keep up with the randos I was teamed with to ever go back. I find it hard to believe they have really changed that loop too much.

No, I doubt they’re changing the loop. If they haven’t hooked you already, I doubt the changes will. They’re just adding new rewards to the existing loop.

Lots to pick through there, but the highlight for me is they are adding 6v6 to the Crucible. I have actively avoided the Crucible as I’m not a strong PvP player and 4v4 really highlights that fact as the other 3 can’t carry me. I do better with larger teams, because there is a greater chance that I’ll be matched against someone that is somehow worse than I am.

I didn’t mind the 4v4, but like you, I don’t put a lot of time into the Crucible. I’m sure 6v6 will feel chaotic now.

Strike Scoring is coming to Nightfall and replacing the current time limit mechanic. The scoring is similar to the Destiny 1 system but with adjustments to emphasize competitive execution of Strike objectives and support for player selectable score modifiers. In February, Nightfall High Scores will be exposed in-game via new emblems and will unlock rewards. We also have plans for Clan and Community High Scores in the works.

About freakin’ time! I hate the time limit. I haven’t done many Nightfalls because of it.

Every time I want to play this game, I just don’t feel like playing this game, so I don’t.