Is this an open world game? I get a GTA vibe from the trailer.
Info from Gamespot intervew
- Game is FPS perspective
- FPS perspective made to feel more personal
- RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
- Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
- V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
- Voiced protagonist, male and female voices
- Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
- You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
- Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
- Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
- Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
- You can combine classes
- Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
- Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
- Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
- Story is personalized by player choice.
- Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
- Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
- Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
- V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
- V’s personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V’s personality.
- Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
- Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
- Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
- 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
- Exploration is encouraged.
- Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
- You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
- No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
- Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)
Some additional notes from the IGN article.
- The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
- These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.
- You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.
- You can engage in combat while driving – AI took over steering as you lean out the window and shoot at enemies.
- The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
- Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.
- Completing a quest levels up your street cred.
- UI expands during combat – enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.
- Damage numbers pop up during combat.
- There’s a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.
- Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.
- There’s an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.
- You use an inhaler to heal.
- Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.
- CD Projekt showed off some late-game abilities, including mantis-like blade arms and wall running.
- We saw a boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.
Pre-ordered. GIVE ME THAT ROBO-DONG, FELLAS.
$47.99 for pre-order on Amazon Prime right now
Can’t you pre-order any game for 20% off with Amazon Prime, or am I missing something?