Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
0.0 0

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

A full remake of the original Crash Team Racing.

Expected Release

June 21, 2019

Platforms

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch

Developers

Beenox Studios

Genres

Driving/Racing

Find out more at Giant Bomb

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

One of my favorite games of all time is FINALLY coming back! I cannot wait.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/06/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-races-to-ps4-june-21/

My first pre-order of 2019.

PS4 exclusives include classic appearances and stickers for the Karts.

Going Old School

And here we are! Revealing the retro skins and karts for Crash, Coco, and Cortex. It is one thing to upscale the graphical fidelity of characters from Crash Team Racing but it is another to proactively downscale their polygon count and texture resolution to recreate the visual constraints of the late ‘90s. Gone are the fur shader and the 1024 x 1024 textures. Instead, they are purposely replaced by a faceted visual treatment with no smoothing groups and 64×64 textures. Some going as low as 32×32 pixels! Can you imagine? We’ve come a long way since 1999!

I’m glad I’ve already pre-ordered:

In case you are worried those 3 extra characters are ONLY available in the expensive version:

And by “you” I mean “me” because I appear to be the only one interested in this game.

[checks calendar]

[throws calendar at wall]

[eats cookie angrily while glaring at disheveled calendar on floor]

[silently wonders why still buying physical calendars in 2019]

I think these guys are hilarious.

At Beenox, we believe that so much of the joy of CTR Nitro-Fueled will come from racing against your friends in local or online play. But we also feel strongly that a big part of what made CTR special in the ‘90s, and what will make CTR Nitro-Fueled special in 2019, is this single-player campaign experience. It was a unique thing to see a campaign mode in a kart racer. This was relatively new for the genre, and in true Crash Bandicoot fashion it was filled to the brim with the wacky personality you came to expect from the franchise. I remember endless nights honing my skills, feeling that sense of progression, and experiencing the satisfaction of earning new characters as I raced my way to the final confrontation with Oxide. It was the most engaging experience I ever had with a kart racer, which is something that I have kept in mind while working on the Adventure Mode for CTR Nitro-Fueled.

However, we wanted to take things a step further for CTR Nitro-Fueled. Instead of just earning the boss characters like in the original, players will now earn something every time they win a race. Players will be getting new kart parts, character skins, or kart customization items with every victory. Also, players will now earn the boss characters immediately after they beat that boss, instead of after Gem Cups (which now unlock a new set of valuable prizes). This includes the ability to earn Nitros Oxide himself — though that is no easy task!

Finally, players will now have the opportunity to change to any racer, kart, or customization item they have already unlocked at any point in the Adventure Mode. Are you feeling like Crash gives you the best chance in Crash Cove, but Pura will dominate the competition in Tiger Temple? Swap him in! Do you dig that sweet new paint job you got after beating Ripper Roo? Immediately style your kart out with it. Did you earn enough Wumpa Coins to grab N. Trance from the game’s Pit Stop? Get ready to bring that egg-shaped villain into the fray. It’s all about earning new items, new characters, new karts, and making the experience feel like your own.

I know everyone here was waiting patiently for more news on this, so here it is:

And more:

SPYRO!

I’m impressed with your dedication to this game.

I kinda have to Platinum it at this point, right?

This game does not hold your hand and ease you into the difficulty.

85 Opencritic

84 Metacritic

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-06/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-content-additions-updates

First season was fun. This one looks fun. And they’re all free!