Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

0.0 0

Infinity Ward's 2019 reboot of the Modern Warfare franchise.

Expected Release

October 25, 2019

Platforms

PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Developers

Infinity Ward

Genres

First-Person Shooter

Find out more at Giant Bomb

HYPE TRAIN A COMING!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOO!!!

This game is gonna be fun. Played in the 2v2 Alpha and it was sooooooo good. The game plays like a refined CoD4.

Anybody else getting this?

Cross Platform, no Season Pass, free DLC, and a campaign that is said to be more survival horror than balls to the wall FPS. Whats not to like?

I’m sure the traditionalist would say not having a BR mode is a plus, and while I’m sure this would be a great palate cleanser, I kind of wish it had both traditional mp and maybe BR down the line, but doesn’t sound like they have any plans for that.

I’ll be checking out the open beta.

First and foremost, anybody playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare needs to have a Call of Duty account. You can go here to create one using your PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, Activision, or Battle.net account. Once you get you get your hands on the game, you choose to opt in or opt out of crossplay. Choosing to enable crossplay means players can play with others on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Once you have your Call of Duty account and you enable crossplay, you can create cross-platform friends lists and parties comprised of players from PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

One of the largest questions fans have had about this feature is how Infinity Ward will balance keyboard-and-mouse players with controller players. PlayStation 4 players can decide to use a keyboard and mouse. PS4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play with each other as long as they all use controllers, or all use keyboard and mouse. However, you can also join lobbies where there are no control-scheme filters, meaning you can play with players across all platforms with controllers and keyboard and mouse.

Infinity Ward has also announced that it intends to demonstrate its commitment to this crossplay initiative by delivering most post-launch content (maps, modes, Spec Ops missions, etc.) simultaneously across all three platforms. Despite this, the franchise maintains its partnership with PlayStation, with the studio stating that PS4 players will have “an exciting Day 1 advantage.” The team did not provide details about what that means, but says information will arrive soon.

Got my beta downloaded

Bimble and I played the open beta last week. This is going to come off as a BR snob, but I just can’t go back to the spawn, die, rinse, repeat anymore. It just doesn’t do anything for me, as much as I wish it did.

2v2 is intense! There was nothing on the line, but it sure feels like a high stakes game. I might actually pick this up…on sale.

2v2 is fun, frustrating shit, that’s for sure.

I’m loving my dip back into the CoD world thus far. The campaign is stellar and so far has been highlighted by the mission “Clean House” which plays more like a survival horror game, and a mission that involves you holding a compound from waves of enemies who are trying to break out their leader. It is essential this scene from “13 Hours” and it is awesome.

The MP is solid but a few of the maps are pretty awful for certain game modes. The biggest change I’ve seen is that the TTK is more on par with RB6 Siege than previous CoD titles which is leading to a lot of camping. I for one don’t have a problem with it because I pretty much stick to objective game modes but it’s a real problem on TDM. Especially once a team gets a lead and then hunkers down in their spawn.

The big map mode, “Ground War”, is pretty much Battlefield which is fine by me. I hear a lot of people complaining about this mode but IMO its because they are CoD blow hards and don’t know how to approach a mode like this. I just tick to an area and patrol between 2 points.

But all in all I’m loving this game so far.

I liked what I played of the beta, but I think I’ll wait for a sale. I’m glad to hear the final product is something worth checking out.

Have you checked out the co-op mode yet? I’ve heard it’s broken as hell right now. The original Spec-ops mode was fun back in the day. Hopefully they can turn this one around.

I have stayed away from it until it gets fixed.

Scavenger and claymores being available at rank one was a mistake.

If it’s inevitable you might as well get on with it from the jump.

Thank. Fucking. God.