Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049
0.0 0

UHF/VHF Are Still Viable!: The General Entertainment Discussion Thread

Beyond meh. I feel like I should like Blade Runner but I just don’t. Tried watching it again a few months back and just couldn’t get through it.

I’ve never seen it. Does it age well?

I have no idea.

The weird thing is that I like the premise, the setting, and it has Harrison Ford at the top of his game but I just can’t get into it. I think a lot of it has to do with how much people ramble on about how great it is.

Meh. I’m one of the few who just didn’t “get it” when it came to the first one. Yes, it was good. But the way people talk about it has me

I didn’t really “get” it either (the hype) until I watched the Director’s Cut, which doesn’t include the terrible narration by Ford as well as some other changes. If you’ve only seen the theatrical DVD release, I’d highly recommend watching either Director’s Cut or the Final Cut (basically the DC but with audio and video fixes.)

It’s still not really one of my favorite movies like it is for a lot of other people, but I love the setting and the cinematography so I enjoy re-watching it with friends who haven’t seen it.

Would you recommend the director’s cut for someone who hasn’t seen any previous version?

I would, yes, but only because I’m not a huge film geek that likes to rewatch movies to purposely notice changes/differences/etc. If you enjoy that type of thing, I would watch the theatrical version first THEN either the Director’s Cut or the Final Cut, otherwise I would just find the Final Cut and watch that.

aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

I really do like the setting and the look of it. Plus it’s got Harrison Ford. But outside of that…meh.

I’ll give the DC a look though

The new Bladerunner trailer looks great.

I think it looks really good too, but I am one of the ones that thought the original was excellent.

I didn’t love it as I do now when I first watched it, but it really grew on me over the years.

2019: Blade Runner Rick Deckard flees Los Angeles with a replicant named Rachael.
2020: The Tyrell Corporation introduces a new replicant model, the Nexus 8S, which has extended lifespans. (Dave Bautista plays one of these Replicants in 2049.)
2022: An EMP detonation causes a global blackout that has massive, destructive implications all over the world.
2023: A Replicant prohibition is put into effect.
2025: A new company, Wallace Corp., solves the global food shortage and becomes a massive super power.
2030: Replicant prohibition is repealed.
2049: Life on Earth has reached its limit and society divides between Replicant and human.

The first of three prequel shorts directed by different people that occurs after Bladerunner but before 2049: