Batman: A Telltale Games Series

Batman: A Telltale Games Series
0.0 0

Batman: The Telltale Series

Telltale Games brings their trademark adventure game style to the city of Gotham, as the Caped Crusader must hunt down a group of terrorists known as the Children of Arkham while investigating a new conspiracy about his family's legacy.

First Released

August 2, 2016

Platforms

Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 Games Store, PlayStation Network (PS3), PC, iPhone, Android, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch

Developers

Telltale Games, WB Games

Genres

Adventure

Find out more at Giant Bomb

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/19/telltales-batman-series-debuts-august-2-on-ps4-ps3/

Episode 1: ‘Realm of Shadows’ will be available digitally worldwide starting Tuesday August 2nd for PS4 and PS3. In case you missed the announcement last week, the series will also be available to purchase at retailers starting September 13th in North America as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates. The series will then be available to purchase at retailers across Europe on September 16th.

How is Telltale’s vision of Batman unique? For a start, the series is equally as much about the man behind the mask as it is about Batman himself. In this game, you’ll enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight. It’s a gritty and violent new story in which you’ll make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne’s world, and the already fragile stability of a corrupt Gotham City.

Anyone hankering to give this a whirl?

I’m interested. Haven’t played any Telltale games beyond TWD and the first episode of Wolf Among Us, even though I own the GoT one and the Borderlands one. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played, though, so if this story is good I’d definitely check it out.

Given my history I’ll probably buy it on sale and it’ll sit in my library forever.

I bought this over the weekend - just Episode 1.

I enjoy it and am already sort of rethinking some of my decisions because I didn’t think I’d be on the spot that quickly into it. I’m already in Chapter 4 I believe and the game is more of an examination of Bruce Wayne and Batman’s tactician skillset than it is a straightforward Batman game, which is to be expected given that it’s Telltale.

Hopefully they live up to what they said about episodes coming out quicker than with other games, because I lose interest and attention rather quick if it’s 3-4 months per.

Finished Episode 1.

Wish I had made some different choices, but I’ll replay the whole thing once I get all of the episodes together.

This game is essentially Batman Year One, in a way. So you get to the beginnings of Batman but as well as exploring the psyche behind Bruce Wayne and Batman. It’s an interesting concept, and I am really digging it so far. Episode 1 seemed pretty short, even if it wasn’t.

I learned the hard and stupid way to just go through the initial runthrough using your natural reactions. I’ve played the first couple of chapters of the first episode of The Wolf Among Us like 10-12 times trying to ‘get it right’ when there is no right way. Granted, a some of that was due to the weird issues the engine has, causing me to mess up some of the QTE and fight scenes.

I played through Episode 1 last night and it was good. The animations were a tad choppy, but the storyline was great. My main negative, and it’s a big one, is that my game crashed during the end credits and DELETED ALL OF MY CHOICES IN THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!! So, now I have to play it all over again before continuing. Why has this game not been patched by now???

Batman games getting patched?

[quote=“DarthSmurfX, post:6, topic:682, full:true”]
The animations were a tad choppy[/quote]

Yeah, it’s annoying. Telltale games had performance issues on the last gen consoles and you would think with more ‘power’ on the current gens, it would be fixed. But NOPE.

So far through Episode 4 of this. Not bad at all. Quite enjoyable. My favorite part has to be the score though. Dude did a great job on it

I just played through Season 2 and… not one crash. Barely even a hiccup. Well done, Telltale. Well done.

Also, the story is pretty amazing.

I’ve been waiting for all the episodes to come out so I can play. Good to know!