Ant-Man and the Wasp

Ant-Man and the Wasp
0.0 0

I really liked it. Good action and a lot of comedy. It’s not Ragnarok funny, but few are.

So does the post credit scene confirm no Ant-Man in the next Avengers?

How is it compared to the first one (which I enjoyed)?

Fans of the first movie will enjoy this one.

The characters and action are fun, especially when Ant-Man and the Wasp are working together. I thought it had a little more comedy thrown in compared to the first. The only nitpick I have is that the villain felt rushed. As in here’s the villain, now they’re monologuing their backstory for you, and now they’re defeated. Which I realize you could reduce a lot of these stories down to, but here it felt pretty shallow. Especially compared to the screen time and development Killmonger and Thanos got. Understandable though.

I liked it more than the first one. I thought it was an interesting choice to not really have a traditional villain. The “villain” here was just trying to save herself and not really evil. Well, except for the black market guy, but he was never a true threat.

Anyhoo… as for the end credit scene: maybe he figures out how to come back by himself to appear in the next Avengers?!?! I hope. Although maybe this is Marvel’s way of keeping him out of the purge (aka: all the originals sacrificing themselves).

Marvel is still firing on all cylinders and I can’t wait for Captain Marvel. It’s going to feel like such a long wait between films now after having Black Panther, Infinity War and Ant-man & Wasp all back-to-back. And I agree with Bimble that this was a funnier movie than the original, but definitely NOT Ragnarok. Wasp steals all the action scenes she’s in and Paul Rudd is a national treasure.

Ragnarok almost spoils this movie, to be honest. I think now people expected Ant-Man to be a bit funnier, but to me it has a nice place in between Black Panther’s seriousness and Ragnarok’s zaniness. It stays true to the first one, to be honest… but there are quite a few people that are criminally underutilized in this film and I think it’s a great thing for the franchise.

We enjoyed it a lot and the mid-credit scene just came out of nowhere. The post-credit scene merely exists to add levity to the mid-credit scene, I think.

As to how the mid-credit scene gets “resolved”, I have ZERO clue or inkling to that. That should be interesting.